View Single Post
Old 08-18-16, 02:46 PM
smallwheeler

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by v1nce
I just bought one of these, singlespeed version in near Mint condition. Even have the instruction leaflet. If anyone has questions, by all means ask me here, rather than in PM. My take on it so far: Very fast easy fold, very durable/steel constrution, only concerned about a few smaller plastic latches for the handlebars but so far so good. Rides pretty decent, easy to work on. Lots of hinge or contact points, wonder how they will hold up over time but looks well! made. Downsides: The fold is not big by any means but does not beat a Dahon Classic 3 in terms of compactness for example. Also, heavy! about 14 kilos + Of course some of that could be mitigated for sure by putting in Alu rims, chainring etc. Another big downside is that the seatpost is special (swept back/curved, seat sits about 8 cm behind the post and not so long, this means this bike is limited to people of about 175 cm in height. The seatpost is very nicely made of good steel so i def. think any good metal worker could well a piece on to it. I bought mine for 120 euros I think. Will use it more extensively for the first time these coming 6 days.
here's some inspiration for you. this is really a fantastic restoration/upgrade project. hope you have a lot of success with yours.

from this:

to this: