Old 09-11-16, 02:04 AM
Cougrrcj

Bikes: A few...

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 620 Post(s)
Liked 372 Times in 258 Posts
First off - Happy Birthday!!!

Glad you got a good bike route map and local info to get you through Chi-town. My guess is that you'll be hitting my area by the latter part of next week since it is ~350 miles between Chicago and Cleveland.

I was kinda wondering how you're doing with your tires/flats. How are things holding up in that regard?

I live in the county to the west and adjacent to the Cleveland area. At a local festival last month, I had picked up a copy of Lorain County Ohio's 'bicycle map/guide' that rates the 'safety factor' of roads and bike trails in the county, including shoulder width and traffic. It shows both the AYH Cycle and Adventure Cycling cross-country routes that pass through. As I suspected, the Adventure Cycling route follows US6 along the Lake Erie shoreline, while the AYH route is on country roads and bypasses any built-up areas. Most of the County roads out here don't have much outside of the white line, so I generally ride about 4-6" to the left of the line. Even if there is a shoulder, I don't ride it because of debris/loose stones, etc.

One more warning -- US20 is under construction through the city of North Ridgeville - they are widening it, so lots of dirt/stone in the roadway.