Old 09-18-16, 04:35 PM
bikerbobbbb

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
rim, 36-spoke, would be what I've got now, Mavics cxp22 I think.... but the 36 spoke verion.
Hub could be the original one from the original wheel (I trashed it years ago though) or a different model hub. I don't have a preference as long as it works...
Cassette... Possibly the exact same cassette as I've got now. I doubt they're different between the slightly different hubs I got from old to newer rear wheel.
Spokes... double butted. I can use an online calculator to figure the exact length.

Looks like the next step would be the hub. I need to make the sure the new hub matches my bike frame correctly. When I first started posting, someone pointed out my hub is 5mm too narrow for my bike frame. How do I know what hub matches the frame? That would be the width... And there must be 36 spoke hubs (vs. 32 or something else) to match the new 36 spoke rim. And then the hub would need to match the cassette, but I think that would be standard.

Rim could be purchased now. I'm pretty sure I know what I want for that. The 32-spoke rim had decent enough reviews for what it is.

The hub would be the next thing to figure out....