View Single Post
Old 11-30-16, 08:20 AM
Reddbiker

Bikes: 69 Raleigh Sports, 69 Dunelt 3spd, 84 Raleigh Tamarack, 86 Dahon Classic III, 87 Schwinn Cimarron, 88 Peugeot Anjou, 89 Bridgestone MB-4, 93 Bridgestone XO-5, 93 Schwinn Criss Cross, 95 Cignal Melbourne Express Tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reynolds 531P for commuting

I thought about posting in the commuting forum but I figured there would be more experience with the tubing here... I was looking to upgrade my commuter bike so I bid on a bike on Ebay that I thought would be great. Has all the eyelets I could need for commuting and it even has a decent frame, Reynolds 531!! I never really knew the differences with with all the different Reynolds 531 types, I just knew it was good stuff. I was looking over the pics again while waiting for the bike to get here and noticed a "P" and "Professional" after 531. I googled it and it seems like it might be a little weak/light for anything but racing. I guess I'm just wondering if anyone has been commuting on a 531P frame? I'm about 190 pounds (hopefully getting lighter) plus I carry a few pounds of stuff like uniform, tablet, food and sometimes extra jacket. My commute is 10.5 miles and I work 12 hour shifts so I kinda carry a little more stuff than what is normal I suppose, and I go over about 6 train tracks so I'm sure that wouldn't be helping the frame but I take those slow anyway. I'm probably worrying about nothing but figured I'd try to see if someone else about as heavy as me has been using their 531P frame without issues. Thanks!

Last edited by Reddbiker; 11-30-16 at 08:25 AM.