USAZorro
Señor Member

Bikes: Mostly English - predominantly Raleighs

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1504 Post(s)
Liked 1,121 Times in 653 Posts
Originally Posted by johnnyace
... I really liked the ride of my 1983 Trek 760 (full Reynolds 531C), but at the end of the day, it was too small for me...
I had an '84 Trek 760, and it was too small for me too - but possibly because of that, it was never amongst my favorites.

My tongue in cheek answer is, "the bike I don't have, but am dreaming about". However, if a steel bike from 2000 counts, my Bob Jackson Arrowhead is my favorite for a spirited ride.

I have a couple other bikes that I'm either building, or don't have enough mileage on to really decide how much I enjoy them (I can't stress enough how miserable it is to attempt going out on the road in Northern Kentucky - between the lack of shoulders, drivers who aren't used to seeing riders, limited sight, and steep dropoffs just a foot or two off the pavement) that are in the running. I do have high hopes for a number of them - especially four of them that have been in the "build" stage far too long.

The tried and true, incredibly versatile, yet seldom the first pick on any given ride, is my Fuji Finest. It has a plush ride, planes well for me, is relatively light when I don't have it set up with bags and a rack, handles confidently, and tends to get compliments.

Sadly, photos of the vehicles referenced were saved on Picasa, and have met their demise. New photos will need to be taken as time and light allow.