Old 12-24-16, 07:05 PM
AdvXtrm

Bikes: 2016 Novara - Safari

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 384 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NoShiftSherlock
Haha! I actually read your whole thread and was like "Wait, is this me?" I can get the Rattlesnake 2 for about $20 less than you. I think I'm most worried about two things with that tent:

1. Are the lights actually useable?

2. Is it durable enough WITHOUT footprint. I don't have enough money for the tent and the specific Big Agnes footprint, but will use a layer from Wal-Mart for $10. It's roughly 7oz.

The Nemo is still the one I'd love to have but for 5lbs 6oz WITHOUT included footprint it's upwards to 6lbs total. Love the look of that darn thing, too.
From all the videos and other reviews I've seen with "mtnGLO", the lights are said to be very functional, and appear to be. As for durability, it's in their Superlight category, so unless you're going for a thicker and heavier 4-season, Expedition/Mountaineering class tent, it's as durable as any other, and made of the same materials as the Seedhouse, just a different layout. As with any tent, paying attention to the ground you're laying it on, and removing things that might pose an issue will always be important. Any durable layer between the tent and the ground should work. People also make their own from a material called "Tyvek", that's relatively inexpensive and easy to do.