View Single Post
Old 12-29-16, 10:26 PM
aaronmcd

Bikes: Cervelo S5, Marin Gestalt X11

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 554 Post(s)
Liked 65 Times in 45 Posts
Finally starting to get excited for racing again, even thinking about maybe pondering a vague plan. So far the plan has been to ride when I can and do z3 to z5 depending on how I feel and whether hills are involved.

Short rides the past 3 days. I'm really noticing how much of a difference fatigue makes over the past few months - for some reason I never noticed it too much in the past.

Sunday was long and hard. No jokes.
Tuesday felt really slow, hard to push upper tempo up a usually 8 minute climb. 60 TSS
Wednesday did the headlands loop and managed to eek out 15 minutes of threshold and a good bit of tempo. 125 TSS
Tonight I did a quick lap around the city and finally felt pretty recovered. Noticed I was near KOM time on the first not very well known 5 minute climb, but ended up 1 second short due to about 12 groups of tourists blocking the path. But got in some solid VO2 and tempo for 100 TSS in 75 minutes

I've been struggling to get out for very long on weekdays since moving here, Idk why. But I think short rides for 3 days should be fine, thats about 300 TSS on weekdays while not building too much fatigue, then another 400 or 450 on weekends.

May put in a rest week after the holiday if I put in a big enough weekend to justify it.