Old 02-11-17, 09:30 AM
TheRef

Liked 13 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by BillyD
To me it looks like the bus just didn't see you. Negligence, yes, but not malice.
I'm inclined to agree with BillyD I don't think the driver even bothered look at the Op's direction. He saw a break in traffic and went for it.

That being said I don't mean to blame the victim but the OP should have been able to foresee situations like that. We are taught at the motorcycle safety courses to scan for potential situations like that and assume that the ALL drivers don't see us. The Bus driver gave plenty of clues that he wasn't even looking in that direction and kept creeping up into the intersection just waiting for that break. He still in the wrong and the OP had all the rights of the road but being right isn't important if you are dead. Still a ****ty move by the driver and you were absolute correct in reporting.

Please keep us posted as to any developments as I'm sure most of us here would like to hear if anything comes out of it.

I'm glad you're ok and BTW I think you chose the right corrective manuver by going into the grass/ditch. If you locked up you could have gone down and even if you didn't you never know whats coming behind.

Stay safe!