Old 03-07-17, 10:01 AM
abhirama

Bikes: Canyon Aeroad, Ridley Fenix

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gerundium
anyone listen to the Velonews Fast talk podcasts? They had an episode dedicated about neuromuscular training. Basically advocating cadance drills etc as a possible avenue of improvement. Are there people here who do cadance work and do you think it had an impact on your riding? For me i don't really do any of it, and doing a little ride last weekend testing it i can't really hold 120 RPM for 1 minute comfortably. I am already bouncing a bit.

Edit: in the podcast some part of it is about sprint coordination work (small gear, big gear sprints). This i put into my training and know it really benefits me. I am more talking about max. sustainable cadance work?
I do. I think the podcast is at a pretty good level (for me) and I find it useful. I find that it started helping me design my workouts a bit better. After listening to the episode you mentioned, I've started incorporating 1 cadence drill workout per week. I'm pretty poor at being able to hold a high (>110) cadence comfortably - my HR shoots up and I start bouncing a bit. Hopefully these drills will push the cadence threshold up soon.

I also found a few other episodes really interesting and have recommended it to some of my friends.