View Single Post
Old 03-10-17, 12:49 AM
Chombi1 

Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1652 Post(s)
Liked 853 Times in 556 Posts

An NOS Strongight/Spidel model 107 crankset.
Been looking for this for many years and never had the luck of snagging a good one. Getting this finally was even more satisfying as right before I did so, I lost in a bidding war at eBay for one that was used and in less pristine condition as this one. When I found it at eBay again being sold by another seller, I did not waste a second to send the seller an offer, which he fortunately accepted right away. Even got it cheaper than the previous one I bidded on and lost and cheaper than most of the used ones still on sale at eBay (and this one is the more upmarket, IMO, Spidel version too). I really believe that some things happen for a reason, especially after what happened this last week trying to get that first one and thenending up with this better second one instead.
But, then, I lost my chance to buy a Bianchi Giro today, which would have realized my long time dreams of owning an Italian SLX framed C&V bike, which I thought I had first dibs on (being first to post on the ad), because I did not know any facilitators in the area where it was being sold for pick up only.....C'est la vie!