Old 04-15-17, 12:19 PM
bikeridesteve

Bikes: 2017 Fuji Gran Fondo Classico LTD, Trek 7300 Hybrid

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jppe
I'm hoping to hold off until age 70 for SS as well as it's one of my faster growing potential income streams growing at about 8% annually if I can wait until 70. I'm in a similar situation in supporting other family members but not quite the extent as you. Interestingly it might be smart for me to go ahead and withdraw some dollars from the 401k/IRA as the minimum required distributions are looking to be an issue on down the road (along with tax consequences). So, taking from the IRA until 70 in lieu of Social Security is a good fit for me.......but I haven't started the distributions just yet.

I lived in Raleigh for 11 years and always thought I might wind up back there one day. But I guess things change----you get comfortable where you are, kids are close by, good amenities in the Charlotte area, etc. We do get back up to Raleigh a good bit as we're season ticket holders.....but questioning that decision right now!! I have good friends that have moved to Clermont, FL and love the riding in that area. Probably not far enough south to suit your wife though.
Charlotte area is nice. You might want to discuss withdrawal strategies with your financial advisor if you have one. We are not withdrawing from our tax deferred accounts at the moment.