TejanoTrackie 
Veteran Racer

Bikes: 32 frames + 80 wheels

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1337 Post(s)
Liked 766 Times in 432 Posts
Originally Posted by TejanoTrackie
I my Medicare Advantage Plan. Six years ago I had double hernia surgery, and my total copays for everything including pre-op testing and office visits with the general surgeon plus any meds was about $220. I am now beginning testosterone supplement therapy and my cost is zero, because my PCP says I need it and my copay for office visits at my PCP is zero. The only place where I'm running into a problem is with expensive drugs such as my Statin which is only partially covered by my medical plan, so I'm considering using online coupons from GoodRx instead, which will cut my cost in half.
So, today I took a prescription for my statin to a nearby Kroger pharmacy, showed the clerk a GoodRx coupon on my iPhone, and walked away with a 3 month supply for $33.73. Compare this to the $141.00 I had to pay the first time 3 months ago at a CVS pharmacy using my medical insurance's drug plan. Oh, and these new generic tablets are physically much larger, so they are a lot easier to handle than the first ones. This whole drug business is such a racket !

Originally Posted by Dcv
I'd like to think i have as much money as brains.
I see the light at the end of the tunnel, but the tunnel keeps getting longer - me

Last edited by TejanoTrackie; 07-10-17 at 07:06 PM.