Thread: Diverge 2018
View Single Post
Old 09-02-17, 10:54 PM
Richard8655

Bikes: 2007 & 2008 Specialized Tricross Comp

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by syncro87
I don't think they even call the 2018 Anyroad comax any more. Something like advanced grade carbon. I seem to recall reading something a couple of years back to the effect that comax was a fairly low grade of carbon, or to some folks not "real" carbon, etc. I'm not going down that road, just trying to recall what I read back then. At any rate, the new carbon is supposedly a superior grade of material.

One concern I had with the future shock is that it seems to come with the stiffest of three spring options installed from the factory. Personally, I felt like I might want one more level of stiffness, maybe one more spring included with more resistance. I am not sure I like the spring that I rode being the max possible resistance.

You should seek out a future shock bike and give it a spin.

Anyway, yeah, I agree with you. If you were in the Anyroad market, I'd have to be able to buy one well back of $2k considering what you get for $2k-ish in a 2018. Seems to be a lot nicer bike in the 18, at least on paper.
Yeah, you're right. Looks like Giant dropped the Comax name and is using Advanced 1 for their 2018 carbon Anyroad. Advanced now also apparently means advanced composite frame vs the 2017 model.

Will definitely give the Diverge with future shock a spin. Sounds like it might actually be a nice feature.