Old 10-01-17, 05:37 AM
bobwysiwyg

Bikes: Mongoose Selous, Trek DS

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 941 Post(s)
Liked 319 Times in 189 Posts
Originally Posted by 79pmooney
I use the Third Eye Round Helmet Mirror that has been around a long time. I don't love the clamp-to-helmet so I make custom brackets out of fiberglass that the clamp works really well on. I drill two very small holes in the helmet visor and bolt the bracket on. Mirrors stay on, rarely get damaged and usually last the useful life of the helmet (and longer than most visors). My bracket last several helmets. Drawback is that they are custom to the helmets so when I change helmet styles, I have to make another one which takes only a few hours but over several days. (Very frustrating. If the helmet and mirror people would set a standard detail for about one inch of the visor, this bracket would easily manufactured at a cost of say $10 at high markup.)

But once I have my bracket, those mirrors work very well, are located perfectly and stay there. (And are not very expensive to replace.)

Edit: I move around a lot on the bike. No mirror fixed on the bike will be usable more than half the time. A properly located helmet mirrir works for me really well.

Ben
I use the same mirror. Any chance you could post a close-up pic of your bracket?