Old 01-21-18, 01:40 PM
AngeloDolce

Bikes: Many English 3 Speeds

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Mikier
Just saw your thread... did you move here to the Portland area and if yes, are you enjoying our cycling scene? If you haven't discovered Sauvie Island yet, let me know if you'd like to take a 3 Speed tour of our pastoral island roads this Spring.
Michael
PS do you know about the annual Spring Tweed Ride? Many fine looking English 3 Speeds will be there.
Michael,

Thanks for your reply. I did move to Portland. My bicycling so far has been for transportation, I haven't found or had much time for recreational rides yet.

I haven't made it as far north as Sauvie Island, but it sounds nice and a ride this spring sounds good.

No, I did not know about the Portland Spring Tweed Ride, but that looks interesting too. I don't have any tweed here but I do have a Raleigh 20, maybe I'll have my Rudge out here by them (full chaincase, rod brakes). At the Philadelphia tweed rides, the riders from the City generally had better tweed (lots of local vintage clothes) while I had more interesting bikes (1960 Gazelle, 1964 Rudge, ...; more space for bikes in a house further out of town).