pesty
Master Sarcaster

Bikes: 2018 Allez Sprint, 2016 Trek Crockett Canti

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TenSpeedV2
That may not seem like much, but my goal for the year is 5000 miles. If I ride them, they should count. It seems like the longer the ride, the more discrepancy there is. Several long rides are planned for the year so I want the mileage from them.
I understand wanting to hit a number for the year, I felt similar the first time I went for 5k, but there's going to be a difference in how Strava calculates moving time and distance based on how they interpret the data sent to them from Garmin. Nothing you can do about it.

I didn't sweat anything smaller than a mile difference, but if the 1/10ths of a mile are that big of a deal, set the resistance lower on your trainer and spin faster. It's not like trainer miles are real miles anyway. Part of the reason I switched to using Zwift for indoor rides. If I wanted to inflate my numbers I could spin on my rollers at 30mph and inflate my numbers that way. At least Zwift gives me a somewhat more accurate representation of real world milage based on my power.