Old 04-11-18, 02:54 AM
CB HI
Cycle Year Round

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1316 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 59 Posts
Local news generating hidden hate

The local news posted the below linked story. In addition, they ran a promo video of the story early this morning and the full video story this evening. It will be a weeks worth of putting up with motorist hate from it.

After the promo this morning, there were two dumb motorist moves caused by illegal and dangerous passing. 1st was a woman that tried to pass just before a curbed cut right turn guide. She ran out of room to pass, almost ran up the curb and into the traffic light but instead swerved right forcing me off the road.

The second was a guy crossing a double yellow to pass me on a downhill with oncoming traffic headed right at him. I was up to 30 mph when he passed and increasing speed. It would have been a head-on with the oncoming car had the oncoming car not swerved way right at the last second.

It has been a year since the last incident as bad as either of these. So is the timing just coincidence with the news story? Not likely, since similar stories have caused similar bad cycling weeks.

Honolulu is becoming a more bikeable city, but that comes at a c - Hawaii News Now - KGMB and KHNL

If the local news links the story video in the morning, I will link that as well.

As promised, link to video:
http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/clip/14...autostart=true

Last edited by CB HI; 04-11-18 at 12:48 PM.