FatguyRacer
Mmmmm Donuts!

Bikes: 1998 IF Crown Jewel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by BostonFixed
Let me just plug insulated wool convertible mittens. I found a pair similar to the ones attached at a thrift store. They are wool outer, with a thinsulate insulation and a leather palm patch. The mittens fold over into fingerless gloves which are handy for zipping up your jacket, locking up, etc.

They aren't windproof, but the combination of the wool outer, the insulation, and the mitten design has kept my fingers cozy down to the single digits F.

Link to ones at campmor, $10

http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/st...berId=12500226
If you go to a good motocycle shop (like a say BMW dealer) they have windproof glove liners. Not to mention windproof winter gloves. I ride my moto down to 32 deg and the stuff works.

A windproof liner combined with those mitts would work great. You'd be surprised at how much stuff can be used between cycling and motorcycling. I have a pair of Biker Comfort in Action wind/waterproof goretex socks that work great. Combined with a very thin boot liner i wear them with my Carnac Ellipses without shoe covers down to 32 deg without discomfort. On the flip side i wear my Craft S3 windblocking base layers under my motoclothes in addition to on the bicycle.

'09 Cannondale CAAD9 - Team Latitude/ABRT Special.
'04 Lemond Victorie Ti
'98 IF Crown Jewel (dead)
'92 Trek2100 (TT)
'50 something Gino Bartali (fixer)
'02 Ducati ST4s (Moto-Ref mount)

My Blog