Old 06-03-18, 07:08 PM
Alcanbrad

Bikes: '14 CoMo Carrera, '11 CoMo Primera co-pilot, '98 Santana Visa, a Plethora of road bikes, A commuter/Gravel beast (and 1 MTB)

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked 46 Times in 39 Posts
Well the collective advice of the forum paid off. A chance inquiry about another bike for sale lead to an unexpected lead to a bike that we being prepared for sale. I contacted the owner and we struck a deal. We landed a 2011 Co-Mo Primera Co-pilot with a Wound-up carbon fork, thud buster stoker seat post, rear rack and S&S hard cases for about the same money I was looking at to either modify our old Santana or our current Co-Mo. This bike is in very good condition. Purchased new in 2013 and only ridden about 3000 miles over 3 seasons before spending the last few years hanging in a garage. We took it out for it's maiden voyage today and it doesn't need much: A shorter stem for me, flat bars for my stoker, and we'll probably upgrade to a center trak timing belt. After an hour the jury is still out on the seats, so we will need more time in the saddles to know for sure.

The funny thing was the day the bike arrived, we decided to take our old Santana out for a last spin before putting on the market. BIG MISTAKE! We hadn't ridden it in several years and had forgotten how much we liked it and decided on the ride to keep it in the stable. Probably not the smartest move. Never ride a bike you are about sell!!!!

Madien voyage:

The stable is getting a bit crowed