View Single Post
Old 08-20-18, 03:33 PM
Slightspeed

Bikes: 1964 Legnano Roma Olympiade, 1973 Raleigh Super Course, 1978 Raleigh Super Course, 1978 Peugeot PR10, 2002 Specialized Allez, 2007 Specialized Roubaix, 2013 Culprit Croz Blade

Liked 823 Times in 424 Posts

Last Sunday I showed up at a ride with two right hand gloves. It was a warm humid day for a ride along the California coast. I decided to go "au natural". I'm usually a glove guy, and this felt a little wierd at first, then I realized how comfortable it was. I wouldn't do it every day, but every so often it's nice to change things up a little, even if it is by accident. Just don't have an accident without your gloves. Years ago I had a bad crash and broke my arm and wrist, and some other important stuff. The EMTs cut off a nice Specialized glove I was wearing. I still have one nice one. And a cut one that I saved as a souvenir. The gloves did their job. No hand injuries, but lots of other places, though. Back to Sunday's ride, I use Brooks leather bar wrap on my Raleigh, and the leather got stained from my sweaty, gloveless hands.

Last edited by Slightspeed; 08-20-18 at 03:36 PM.