TMonk
Not actually Tmonk

Bikes: road, track, mtb

Mentioned: 142 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2837 Post(s)
Liked 3,430 Times in 1,797 Posts
Nice @Hermes that's a lot of riding.

Yesterday I got back from Tucson. I logged ~17.5 hrs of pedaling for the 5 days, a bit less than expected which is mostly due to me flatting out of El Tour de Tucson 35 miles in. It was totally my fault, had a slit in the rear (with bulging inner tube) that I didn't inspect before the ride, and I was carrying this old/backup CO2 inflator that just didn't work anymore. I called in and got picked up.

Frustrating as it was, I was over it pretty quick and just shrugged my shoulders over it. It was a great week of riding and all is well that ends well. I got home, hopped on my MTB and did some urban assault on my way to the finish line in downtown twice: once to see my SDBC buddies finish the 100 miler, then again later to watch my dad and Tio finish the 25 miler. I rode my MTB just long and hard enough to remin myself that I was really tired and that it had been a great week.

Overall it was a great week, and I look forward to spending a full week out there again next year leading to El Tour.