View Single Post
Old 01-10-19, 06:52 AM
acidfast7
Banned

Bikes: 2010 Cube Acid / 2013 Mango FGSS

Liked 41 Times in 36 Posts
Originally Posted by rhm
My office has no specific dress requirements. I don't have to wear a tie or anything like that. In fact I probably could come to work in cycling clothes if I wanted to, but I don't.

My commute is 25 minutes on the bike, then an hour on the train, then another ten minutes on a bike. I wear the same clothes all day. I don't wear any cycling specific clothes, other than a helmet. Today I'm in jeans, but jeans are not great for cycling --too tight.

The bike I ride is set up for long distance riding; drop bar, mudguards, dynamo lights. The pedals are platform on one side, SPD cleats on the other. For commuting, I just wear regular shoes.

The only issues I can mention are that I have to carry warm clothes to wear on the train, which is often quite cold. I'm rarely cold on the bike.

If my commute involved more time on the bike, or if my job required different clothes, then my approach might be different.
That's a nice mutlimodal commute. Do you go with backpack or pannier. That commute would be prime backpack territory for me but I get a lot of blow back on BF from the pannier-only crowd.

Oops, do you take the bike or have a bike left outside on each end (that's what I'd do over here). If you take the bike, I can see the use of panniers.