Lapped 3x

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 325 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 20 Posts
Originally Posted by ChrisRob01

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all of your help so far

Im now accredited, doing sqt’s and enjoying getting into track and realizing how fast everyone is and how I need to get fitter and lighter, which i’m working on. But loving it ��

Just a quick question, I’ve read all the info on here about training and i’m lifting and on the bike.

I just wondered if anyone on here is doing plyos (box jumps, jump squats) or has done and if you feel they help with power and acceleration on the bike.

Thanks

Chris

Every sprinter has done something like that, and still does. Plyometrics have their place in a training plan, and you need to be fit enough, and strong enough to do them. Plyos are very hard on the body's tissues. You are inducing a stretch reflex to generate more power than you otherwise could without it. Plyometric body weight exercises could easily produce 2.5x bodyweight of force on your tissues. Plyometrics, even just bodyweight, should be done once you have exited the novice weighlifting stages. In the past I always advised to wait until one could squat 1.5x bodyweight for 5 reps, in a solid fashion.

And yes, they do help.