Old 03-06-19, 05:33 PM
Digital_Cowboy

Bikes: Specialized Hardrock Mountain (Stolen); Giant Seek 2 (Stolen); Diamondback Ascent mid 1980 - 1997

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Maelochs
Much as I hate to prevent conflict ... JoeyBike, doesn't mean it is silly to be a soldier. He was calling me "silly." He is merely saying he would not want to be a soldier.
That's not how it came across to me.

I have great respect for vets, but like, JoeyBike, I opted not to enlist. Too tough a path for me.

He also ignores that in most wars, most casualties are civilians. Whatever.
That's a sad reality of war.

In one post in one thread quite a while ago he claimed that biking in New Orleans was like being in a war zone. A lot of people took exception because the comparison was so overblown. it was just a passing comment but a lot of us latched onto it as a sign that JoeyBike was getting too deep into exaggeration and self-pity and ridiculousness (he has a long history of excellent, informative, well-reasoned posts prior to that---and several since.)
He's been making that "claim" for as long as I've known, which is longer than you. He's used it as his "justification" for running red lights and stop signs.

He meant no disrespect to people who have chosen or been called to serve. Or ... well, he can say so for himself, if I am wrong. But I do not want any misunderstandings here.
Again, that's not how it came across to me.