View Single Post
Old 03-12-19, 07:30 PM
zarbog

Bikes: Giant SLR GX1 Toughroad

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 16 Posts
I'm 68 and looking at the street out front of the house as the snow finally starts to recede a bit. Main streets are okay as they plowed them out and they have melted clear of snow, but lots of winter salt and road grit around, makes for slippery turns. Side streets have two feet of snow out from the curbs still, but the centers are clear if you don't mind dodging cars. I figure by this Thursday it will be okay, if not too wet.

Riding a Roam 3 disc, I usually do 30 kilometer rides but was adding 40 kilometer rides once a week by the end of the season last year. So tempted to pick up a vintage drop bar bike just to try out the drops for a longer ride. Test rode a Trek Cross Rip a few weeks ago and liked the very short ride, but am not ready to spend the money based on that short trip. Started riding last July, took a while to get the body used to riding, lost 11 pounds over 4 months, from 202 down to 191 pounds but gained 6 of those back over winter. Can't wait to get back on the saddle.

Rog