Old 04-14-19, 04:45 AM
sweetspot

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by ericzamora
Sweetspot... what air pressure are you riding? Tubeless allows lower air pressure. If you can go tubeless, do it with those GK SKs. you could go down to 30-40psi once tubeless. Maybe even less.
eric/fresno, ca.
30 PSI or even less. So to be honest I already use pressure dedicated for tubeless. That is why I don't see the point in changing to tubeless but maybe I am missing something?

Originally Posted by shoota
You're doing it wrong.
But on a serious note, you're doing it wrong. The vast majority of a bikes "suppleness" is derived from the tires. You should have stuck with your 43mm GKs and set them up tubeless. Tubeless is the key here, it makes such a huge difference it's not even funny. It's a plenty supple tire but if you're looking for even more supple (and less durable) then there are other options, like Compass tires.
How did you set up your Alex rims tubeless? From what I know it is very narrow rim that additionaly requires some inner rings to work tubeless which sounds not that good...

And do you belive that tubeless tire is more supple than tubed with the same pressure?

Originally Posted by Metieval
I have found more comfort in less stack not more stack.
I think this is a personal matter. If you start with a small frame and low stack (like me) you can gain more comfort by rising the handlebar. For me this was chagne for the better not worse.