Mobile 155

Bikes: 2013 Haro FL Comp 29er MTB.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1470 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by badger1
Correct.

The key is to be found here: "It just makes it easier to live without owning a car if you can easily and affordably get a ride when you need it."

In other words, this thread never did have, and still has, nothing whatsoever to do with 'Living Car Free'.

In effect, this thread acknowledges -- oddly enough -- that personal motor vehicles are a 'fact of life' in modern societies, and so the question underlying it is not so much how to reduce/eliminate the presence of personal motor vehicles in 'our' daily lives, but rather how 'we' can have ready access to personal motor vehicles while a) not bearing the financial burden and responsibilities of actually owning one and b) providing a somewhat Sophistic 'moral' justification for using one. That enviro-moral justification for the evasion of fiscal responsibility/liability is, of course, the point.

All quite amusing, really, and fun to follow.
I totally agree. I just have a difficult time getting to the core reason for calling plans like these car free. It reminds me of working with people with ADHD or even Autism. How do we communicate with someone with a totally different thought process even if they are speaking the same language?

I should just give up and watch others deal with the issues. If the solution to point to point door to door access to transportation is the car, even if it is a borrowed or rented car then living car free isn’t what someone is looking for.
Likes For Mobile 155: