View Single Post
Old 07-31-19, 12:54 PM
cmh

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked 327 Times in 161 Posts
Tuesday night PIR 123, 4th/58. [17 x 1.9 mile flat laps on auto race track, points race with 4 hot laps and the finish] I made a break of 3 riders mid race that stayed out for 2 laps getting me a couple points for 3rd in a hot spot. It felt good to make this break because it was one that took going with 3 attacks and counter-attacks by various riders to get something to stick even for 2 laps. We were caught right after the hot spot and I tucked into the draft to recover. Towards the end of the race there were 4 (or 5?) riders in a break not too far up the road with just over 2 laps to go. I jumped with an attack and 3 of us got away and bridged to the break (it helped that we had an ex-WT racer as part of the 3 - he did more than half of the work to bridge). The 7 (or 8?) of us stayed away and I managed 4th. I felt strong, and definitely put all I had into this race. Maybe it was a boost from my altitude camp, but more likely a bit of luck going with the right attacks. This was my best Tuesday night race in a few years. By the way the fastest 20 minutes of the race was 29.1 mph by my Garmin.

Last edited by cmh; 08-01-19 at 03:13 PM.
Likes For cmh: