View Single Post
Old 08-22-19, 07:58 AM
sfh

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by PJay120
I vote for Craigslist.

That was for a very small road bike for my young son - I was blessed to see, a week later, a very nice bike - old steel, Campy, well-maintained - at a great price. The guy was thrilled to sell it to a kid who obviously was enamored with it at first site, and would be appreciating it.

So mostly I have been surprised at how few good bikes are for sale on CL at any price . . . let alone reasonable or even good prices! I think the difference though is more that I've moved to Boston where the last time I shopped for used was in Cleveland. So I'm thinking craigslist is still the best option for us, but there are just so many more bikes to sift through.

My son is doing most of this on his own, and he checks Craigslist each morning. He's figured out that offerup is a mess. He doesn't do facebook so I watch the FB classifieds. And he knows (or claims to know!) that patience is the virtue. It's coming on fall clearance season which might open up some options for a new bike or might put a few extra bikes on the used scene. We'll give it a few weeks to see.

Appreciate the responses here!