View Single Post
Old 08-23-19, 09:19 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11052 Post(s)
Liked 7,600 Times in 4,239 Posts
Originally Posted by mtb_addict
It's all over the news. Opiod epidemic is hitting rural places hard. Drug addicts commit crime to feed habits. Bad people move in to sell drugs.

A town near here was known for KKK activities, and that really scared me to my core when I found out...because I use to ride thru the town not knowing it was a "sundown" town. The place looks nice on the surface.

If she was a grown woman in her 40s...then, I might think different. The chances are a young girl in her 20s does not have a whole of of financial resource probably...and that means taking chances like stealth camping, taking short cuts, and cheap motels. These things represent serious increase of risk, than middle age'ers with alot of disposable income who stay in Holiday Inn and 5-star campgrounds. Young people are also too trusting, gullible. Chances are she will be okay, but I wouldn't allow my daugter to take a chance like that.

Aways ride in group. Safety in numbers.
Stop it.
Likes For mstateglfr: