View Single Post
Old 08-23-19, 10:43 PM
ricrunner

Bikes: Malvern Star Oppy S1 Gravel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts
I am in the same boat as you, I want to go, sell up, and bring my wife along, but she doesn't want to do it. Our daughter has way passed flown the coop, we own our home, and we are retired. What I can't handle is constantly putting our hands in our pockets to maintain the house and pay local council rates of $3000 a year rising electricity prices and water costs. (In OZ). I see it as constantly swallowing money, just to live here. That money would go a long way in good touring. She was not interested in going by bike, so I suggested a yacht, showed her some nice one's we could handle, had her on board for a little while, but the upkeep of the yacht, she saidnwe might as well keep the house, it will cost us the same. I was saying we would be in a different port every week, loving life. We did tour for 12 months when I took leave without pay from my job, and she loved, didn't want to stop, but my job and contract, could not be broken(Armed Forces) . I am stuck just touring for weeks or months on my own. If you have your wife on side now, don't wait until your retired. Your partner, hell even you, may become set in your ways and prefer not to go anywhere then.

Last edited by ricrunner; 08-23-19 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Spelling mistake
Likes For ricrunner: