Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2142 Post(s)
Liked 1,655 Times in 835 Posts
Originally Posted by DadBod79
On the other hand ... there's this:

https://stlouis.craigslist.org/bik/d...999284231.html

It's originally this: specs --->

Save Up to 60% Off Road Bikes | Cyclocross | Cross Bicycles by Motobecane USA | Motobecane Fantom CX Cyclocross | Save up to 60% off New bikes with full warranties

Thoughts on the deal? I've already been offered $175, and i think i might be able to talk them down to $150. $175 came pretty easy.

The paint is scratched up in places, but i don't care about aesthetics. It seems like an inexpensive way to get wide range of gears based on integrated shimano sora system with triple cranks!

Here's the rub: it's a 56 cm, and according to the chart, i should get a 58. My goal is to ride this for a few months, decide how much i like it, use it to learn to tool on my own ride, and then try to sell it for nearly what i paid --- and then use all that knowledge to invest in something new/better with more confidence based on the knowledge of how/where i ride and what i prefer.

Thoughts?

thanks!
It looks like a solid deal. Most riders can comfortably span several sizes. At 5'11" I have comfortably ridden 55-58s. You should easily be able to sell it for what you paid for it. Do it.