View Single Post
Old 01-10-20, 07:40 PM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Liked 5,864 Times in 2,965 Posts
Originally Posted by adam0c
found this via a bit of your local search engine.

But i totally agree cycliq are useless! I bought mine from chain reaction (20% cheaper than direct) and they worked great at first then a couple months down the line the rapid battery drains starred happening. Long story short: over 29 emails with their support to finally get a replacement then they send me older units that had the same problem I had been reporting but claim a firmware update would fix the problem even though it didnt on my newer units.

But again these new (older) units again worked worked okay at first but then a couple months down the line the weather takes a turn again in England and both units start to act up again, same problems as before

Go through all the same rigmarole with their support more than 29 emails this time they now claim its the SD cards Im using and point me to an old forum post that only has two people not associated with the SD card company and the guy with the problem basically says he corrupt his own card. Now I'm currently holding my fly6 that will not update to the latest firmware using their ever (not) so simple app and its just beeps to signal less than 25% battery even though I can still connect to it via BT and it just always remains on 60% the two buttons dont work on it so i cant power it off to stop the beeping and even when trying to do any factory reset fails.

My Fly12 on the other hand had similar issues but this morning decided to stop wanting to record, I can turn it on and change the light but it would not record even checking it when i got home no new recordings which is great because I had two idiots drivers near misses today neither of them captured. Yet cycliq support still remain adamant that my safety is their biggest concern.

On a plus note they have offered to replace my units again with their newer models but I've lost all faith in them and they can't give me a guarantee that the same fault is fixed and they refuse to give me a refund on the camera's and the extra money I spent buying their recommended SD cards after they claimed mine we're the fault which still work perfectly fine on any other device and are formatted to the official SD association standards.

Honestly I'd recommend everyone stay well clear of cycliq from my continued terrible experiences their support team are not helpful and just want to pass blame onto the user, I've spent months proving them wrong and jumping through all their loops for them to still remain adamant that their devices are fine and not faulty. both of mine are better door stops!
FYI-Not good BF form to keep repeating the same lengthy post in multiple threads, I think they consider it spamming.