Old 02-19-20, 06:55 PM
bikenh

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Happy Feet
Ok.. I guess.

Freedom to me means having a passport and being able to travel anywhere in the world that I want and not having to arrive late and leave early everyday so other people won't detect my presence. Different strokes for different folks.
I guess you have to want to travel the world before a passport has any desire to it. I guess I prefer to sleep when it is nice and comfortable not still blazing hot. I guess I prefer to set up the camp as much as possible outside of the stormy weather which normally occurs in the early evening hours, generally by the time I go to bed the storms have moved out. I guess I enjoy not having to feel guilty about making noise when I wake up early in the morning so I can spend at least part of the day riding while the temperatures are still nice and cool. I guess I enjoy riding not having to waste time during the day drying out wet gear due to sleeping on dewy grass. I guess I enjoy not spending money on campgrounds so I have more free time to go on longer trips thanks to not having to get back to a dead end job. I guess enjoy not having drunk/party-hardy campers set up around me making noise all night long(in 75 nights out in 2015, I never shared a campsite location with anyone, I enjoyed peace and quiet instead). As you say, different strokes for different folks.