Old 03-16-20, 06:53 PM
DropBarFan

Bikes: 2013 Surly Disc Trucker, 2004 Novara Randonee , old fixie , etc

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 671 Post(s)
Liked 49 Times in 43 Posts
Originally Posted by Tourist in MSN
I use a Tara on my Lynskey, I have a 2004 LHT rim brake fork on that bike and the rack fits well.

I think the Tara is a great rack if it fits well, but it does not have very much adjustment to get the top bar horizontal to some forks. My point is that you almost have to install the rack to find out if it fits well on any particular bike. The Tara was designed back when virtually all forks had a curve to their fork blades. And designed before disc brakes became common. I bought a Tara for a different bike and it did not fit well at all, but fortunately later found it to work great on the Lynskey.

On one of my bikes I found the Tubus Ergo to fit better (that is also a rim brake bike), the Ergo I think is discontinued but a few retailers still have it. It has a bit more adjustment to it than the Tara.
Yes, there's straight forks vs curved forks, forks with different eyelet spacing & racks with different spacing. Can be surprisingly tough to find a good front rack for some bikes. I have a bike with straight carbon fork, ironically the Tara fits well but I think that's due to a non-standard eyelet spacing on the fork.
Likes For DropBarFan: