DrIsotope
Non omnino gravis

Bikes: Nekobasu, Pandicorn, Lakitu

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4905 Post(s)
Liked 1,731 Times in 958 Posts
Originally Posted by CAT7RDR
I was side swiped last year on a canyon road with no shoulder. I was not wearing any earbuds/headphones and in retrospect did not heed the warning sound of an approaching car and hug the inside of the white line. I was only bruised on my left hip and stayed upright. She was likely texting and of course lied about her driving as expected.

I take that lesson into account that I want to be vitally aware of my surroundings and act accordingly. On several occasions, I have been passed within a foot by vehicles where I heard them and moved over another foot closer to the side of the road. Whether the drivers were trying to scare me or were distracted I do not know. What I do know is hearing them in advance and moving over likely has spared me some rear end collisions. That is my conclusion about early warnings. If your hearing is so acute that music will not hinder you - great! For me, I will not take that chance.
Sir, this thread is not the place for reasoned responses. Your post does not contain sufficient quantities of yelling or hyperbole.