Thread: Helix Update?
View Single Post
Old 05-13-20, 07:26 PM
pbutcher2000

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Helix Customer Interaction

Originally Posted by downtube
I think Peter would do better if he was not bothered with distractions ( questions ). Want your bike sooner? Leave him alone.

He doesn't owe anyone anything. He has proven himself to be an upstanding person with excellent vision.

I didn't expect a bike. I told him he didn't owe anyone anything and I would support him regardless of the Kickstarter bikes.

Please give thanks in these difficult times.

Thanks
Yan
Yan, I am sorry but I disagree with you. Peter does owe his backers something, he owes them a bike.

There is no doubt that he has created something quite special and no doubt that he is committed to creating the best product that he is capable of. However, lots of people pledged their hard earned cash to support his initiative. 2 years later, getting an update every 6 weeks is massively unacceptable. It takes 10 minutes to post an update. I would rather an update a week, with real facts rather than a post every 6 weeks. This total disregard for customers would be a death knell for any business. You cannot view customer interaction as bothering or effecting productivity. No customers, no product.
Like I said, Peter is creating something very special, but having a business that does not interact with customers will never be successful long term.

Hire a part timer, reach out to customers, tell them what is happening, encourage their support, beg for their patience ... Create a brand of customer loyalty ... Don't ignore them .. My bike will be delivered in May according to the portal. Not a chance, March 2021 is way more likely, which I am OK with ... Just interact !!! No excuse, under any circumstances not to ..

Lecture over ...
Likes For pbutcher2000: