View Single Post
Old 05-17-20, 06:22 AM
AvnerBen

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MrFlamey
...On the other hand, I might just buy a gravel bike and keep waiting on the helix. Let's see what the next update holds.
That's just what I did... Just found a used high quality gravel bike at a ridiculous price. Considering there is no overseas bike trip this summer, I can now wait the year or so left for my helix patiently.

According to the update, the production rate is now 70 bikes per month, aiming at 90, with 400 delivered so far. The expected boost due to improved processing has turned out to be too optimistic, requiring additional investment. With my bikes in the 1200's, a year seems realistic indeed.

Most of the accessories have been designed and they are described in detail in an appendix in the portal. This includes mud guards, racks and (thru axis) trolly attachment. Carrying bag was mentioned in the update but does not appear in the appendix. The rear rack is seat-post mounted (rated 20kg), with optional stays (double that). Electric assist (back wheel drive) is also under design.