Thread: Helix Update?
View Single Post
Old 05-17-20, 07:03 PM
MrFlamey

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by AvnerBen
Most of the accessories have been designed and they are described in detail in an appendix in the portal.
Do you mean in the upgrade guide in the support section? I don't see much info on the portal other than support and the update blog thing, but I am a preorder customer, and don't get full access to the portal, which considering the waiting time is so insane is a bit lame. I had access to the forum at the beginning, but it was later removed for some reason, which was a bit sad considering that this thread and that forum are the only place I know of to chat about this bike :/

I'm looking forward to hearing more about the backpack, since that's one of the more interesting ways to carry the Helix. Although, since I always have a backpack when bikepacking, it could be inconvenient if it isn't made of soft material that can be folded and attached to something when not in use. I have a soft carry case for my Tern Verge x10, which works great for taking it on the train, but is crap for carrying the bike and doesn't protect it at all. If Peter can make a carry case that protects the bike to a reasonable degree, makes it easy to carry (both as a backpack and hand luggage type case) AND folds down or rolls up when not in use that will be amazing.

Yeah, I'll probably just keep waiting and look for a gravel bike. One of my colleagues keeps telling me about his, and I'm somewhat sick of my Verge, especially with Covid19 limiting the places I can take it.