View Single Post
Old 07-03-20, 04:44 PM
bobin

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by gt3racerich
I have had the same sensation (feeling my heart pumping) on and off for five plus years. I have been to several cardiologists and none of them have a clue as to what it is, like they have never heard of it before and reading the above is the first time I have ever heard of someone else having it. Everything else checks out fine and they say it is nothing to worry about but I know it is not normal. Please let me know if your doctor can shed any light on it.
Had a virtual visit with the doc today. His theory is that I'm under/improperly fueled - and that how I'm metabolizing food/fuel is off in some way. Since I don't have any shortness of breath on the bike and no problems during a workout (it's only a couple/few hours later when I try to sleep that my chest feels weird) - he thinks it's not heart-related. So I'm going to pursue the nutrition angle for now and leave the cardiac angle alone.

He did order me a cardiac stress test. I was ready to set that up - but I don't think I can bring myself to be inside a hospital/doc office for over an hour right now in the middle of a pandemic spike. Since it doesn't happen unless I get into SS/V02 HR zones, I think I'm just not going to push it on the bike until Covid calms down. This totally sucks because I've never had more time to bike in a long long time, but at least I can do a resistance workout and keep my HR under 120 and not have any symptoms like described above.