Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4560 Post(s)
Liked 2,804 Times in 1,801 Posts
Originally Posted by Chinghis
Hey, folks. I've joined your club!

An old co-worker friend of mine dropped me a line this week, and mentioned that he still had the bike he has been wanting to give me for a while. So we got together, and I am now the proud owner of a 1987 Centurion Iron Man Dave Scott Expert. (Do I have all that in the correct order?)

She's a true garage queen. He bought it back in the day to ride and get in shape, etc., but the gearing was too tall for him. Said he had a cassette somewhere that he had always meant to put on, but he couldn't find it.

So I brought her home, wiped her down, lubed the chain, pumped up the tires ... and she rides beautifully. Tires held air, rims are true, everything works like it just rolled out of the LBS.

What's wrong? Oh, the bike computer doesn't display even with a new battery ... need to re-wrap the bars. New brake pads, tubes and tires wouldn't hurt, but other than that she's ready to go. (Don't worry, I'm not gonna go out for a 40-mile ride on the original tires and tubes! Just went for a slow spin around the block.)

I own him one fine barbecue some day.

In any case, here she is in all her glory.

105 components are beautiful.

Condition out of the garage. Never been crashed, I'd wager.

Matching seat bag!

Nitto stem and vintage Cat-Eye.

Quality seat tube.

Holy cow, that cover comes off!

BB Serial Number N6P6754. Database anywhere?

Wait ... there's a friction option?! Sweet!

Miami Vice with a black accent.

She cleans up real pur'dy!
Wow, those look like the original tires too. Super skinny by today's standards, 700x18 or x19. And Wolber Super Champion Alpine rims! I rode a set of those for a year. Just as nice as the slightly lighter Araya CTL-370, those really lightweight low profile climber's rims. And the best looking low profile box section rims with that gray anodized finish, IMO.