View Single Post
Old 09-11-20, 09:50 AM
wktmeow

Bikes: CAAD 10

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked 229 Times in 111 Posts
Had a good 3 day weekend of riding for Labor day. My vo2max work got pushed to Friday. Came in a little hot trying to hold 115%+ for 5x5. Ended up finishing 4 and a half roughly. Got a good long endurance ride in Saturday that had a bit more intensity than ideal (e.g. Torrey Pines was a ramp up from tempo pace finishing at 400w), but it was a good confirmation of the previous weeks test results. Sunday evening was 3x20 @95%, which was a good challenge given the fatigue from the previous two days but not overwhelmingly hard. Then Monday was a z2 jaunt up (and maybe a few tempo sections to shake people off my wheel...) the coast for coffee in oceanside with a good tailwind. Averaged 21 mph moving, including stop signs and all - one way trip though.

Tuesday I got back in the garage for my first weights session in a couple weeks. Then that night I had some fever, chills, and after I took a tylenol I sweat through my shirt and sheets. Also had a few days of gastro issues. No good. Not sure if it was the sudden block of intensity and weights, some random bug, or the 'rona. All I know is I have no other symptoms now.

I skipped my other rides this week due to a combination of feeling a little fatigued after the fever thing and lots going on at work (switching to management, taking on 5 reports + 1 contractor when originally I thought I'd just have 3, never lead a team or had reports before) . Planning on some z2 today and a long solo one tomorrow, will see if I'm up for the usual Sunday threshold work after that. Im avoiding people in the mean time just in case.
Likes For wktmeow: