Old 09-12-20, 08:16 PM
Kilroy1988 

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 981 Post(s)
Liked 1,851 Times in 612 Posts
I'm not... I'm hardly even taking walks, and drove twenty miles to Porterville this morning just so that I could take a fifteen minute run because the AQI was only 80 there for the moment. My wife and I just got back inside from a walk and it's raining ash on Visalia right now - we were literally putting our hands out and catching bits of twigs and goodness knows what floating down, and the nearest fire is about forty miles away. I haven't seen blue sky in more than a 45 degree radius directly overhead in three weeks.

My parents lost their lovely century old cabin in Alder Springs on the way up to Shaver Lake a few days ago in the Creek Fire.

Everything sucks right now. I have never been so depressed and I'm only 31. I am too young to feel this tired... Planning to leave California in 2021. With a recent degree in forestry and too much general knowledge of what's going on here, I am afraid to say it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better, no matter what preventative measures local, state, and federal government agencies take at this point in time.

-Gregory