UnderDawgAl
Overweight & Out of Shape

Bikes: '94 Giant Sedona ATX mtb, since new; '12 Cannondale Synapse 4 Rival

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 15 Posts
Originally Posted by genejockey
Everything I'm finding online says the Giant Perigee was introduced in 1994 at $370, which comes to $648 in 2020 dollars. The lowest priced Giant bike today, the Contend 3 I linked to, lists for $680.
You're right about the 1994 date as far as is easily discoverable on the internet. So you will need to dig a little deeper. You can find posts and images of the 1989-1991 models around. I had a teal green one that I bought in 1989 to carry to college. I sold it to a friend in 1992, from whom it was stolen later that same year. Bikepedia or whatever it's called only shows models from 1994 onward. Even so, they were sold as early as 1989. I really wanted a Giant Allegre (or Allegro -- I can't remember exactly. I had a catalog back then), but it was out of my price league.

Thanks for pointing out the Contend. If the cheapest Giant would have been significantly more expensive than $606, I was going to call for legislation and over-regulation to stifle that Free Market bike company! 😆. Just kidding of course.

Edited to add one I found: https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-v...t-perigee.html

Last edited by UnderDawgAl; 09-19-20 at 05:39 PM. Reason: To update with link