View Single Post
Old 10-02-20, 07:26 AM
justtrying

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by GlennR
I've seen numerous close calls at Clark and the traffic circle.Last year I notice the addition of 2 cameras mounted on a telephone pole at the Clark crossing and this year noticed a wire mounted camera looking north on the path at Clark.

What they need to do is cut the growth back 30-50 feet back so people on the path and cars on the road can see each other with more than a 5 foot warning. They also need speed humps at the Clark crossing and speed humps and 20mph speed limit signs at the circle. Cars come off the Bethpage parkway doing 60+ and make the right to the club house and pass the crossing and never slowing down.

The officials need to go to each crossing on a Saturday and stay there for 30 minutes to see the amount of traffic on the path and the speed cars cross the path at.
I guess I was trying to be optimistic when I said I heard of no issues, really meaning thankfully I haven’t seen or heard of any issues in the papers or on the news. The relatively uniqueness of the traffic circle, for LI drivers, causes problems because the drivers seem always to be in a rush, particularly going up or down the hill leading to the golf course