Old 10-16-20, 10:20 AM
bmcer

Bikes: Full campy Record EPS BMC Team Machine slr01, Canyon CF SL 8.0 Endurance

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked 107 Times in 66 Posts
Originally Posted by tsmith41094
Could not agree more. Great bikes.....until you need help. It has somewhat diminished the Canyon "value proposition" for me.

Ended up going another route with my most recent purchase and was more than willing to pay a little more to get all the service/support from my LBS.
I had seen reports of poor post sale service from Canyon before buying one of their bikes, but opted to give them the benefit of the doubt. In their defense, I have to say they fulfilled the order for my bike in a very timely manner and did answer a couple questions I had regarding assembly politely and promptly. And the bike itself fits my needs very admirably at a price several hundred less than anything else comparable. That said, had I known how expensive and what a headache their proprietary "aero" cockpit was going to be, I probably would have waited til I had a bit more money in the bike budget. It galls me that replacing their fancy-dancy cockpit furniture cost almost twice the price of a decent set of conventional and far more widely available handlebars. Oh well... Lesson learned. Meantime, the weather up here is forecast to be nice for the next couple weeks. So time to stop whining and get out and ride.