View Single Post
Old 10-25-20, 04:29 PM
brawlo

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Liked 76 Times in 57 Posts
I wouldn't worry about either the cranks or the wheels.

Seeing as you're looking at that size of bike, I think that 175s are fine and would think that maybe that's the same size you're running on your road bike as well. I ran 175s for many years with zero issues on even very steep tracks. I'm self experimenting with 165s ATM, but due to a whole mess of life, bushfires and Covid, I haven't given them a solid longer term workout so the jury is still out for me just yet. I have kept my 175s in case the experiment fails.

If you become immersed in track like so many here, I think that you will want to upgrade your frame as much as the rest of the parts on the bike. You could look at that in 2 ways. Either ride the hell out of the Argon and upgrade it with a whole new bike later on that will likely come with the nicer bits already hanging off it. Or piece by piece upgrade parts and then carry them over to a new ride if you upgrade it (keep the old bits and sell them with the Argon when you do). It won't be until you get a long way down the line of racing grades that the bits will actually begin to matter to your results.
Likes For brawlo: