Old 11-09-20, 06:54 PM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Liked 3,360 Times in 1,789 Posts
Originally Posted by MinnMan
I think this may be a pointless request, but some of us don't care at all about the fantasy competitions or to read through the numerous posts about them, but do wish to participate in discussion of the race itself. So it would be better if there were separate threads - one for the fantasy competitors and the other for general discussion. Yes, I thought about just starting a "general discussion - no fantasy" thread, but it seemed as though that would be swimming against the tide.

I dunno. Maybe this doesn't matter to anybody else. I barely bother to read threads like this, even though I'm following the races pretty closely.
since this is the second end of year in as many years request, out of respect for MinnMan (i generally find MinnMan’s contributions throughout the forums well thought out and relevant, unlike mine) i’ll look to post separate gt threads for the fantasy and fantasy-free in 2021 and we’ll see how it goes. no guarantee the fantasy manimals won’t escape the fantasy zoo and slobber all over the clean and pristine attempt at caging us/them tho. do not feed the animals.

i starting consolidating the fantasy and gt threads a few years ago when anecdotally observing that (unless it was the tdf), there wasn’t much going on with separated threads. maybe, like the racing, there’s new blood out there mixed with cagey veterans and plenty of questionable results, contested decisions and keyboard directeur sportifs to discuss parliamentary proceedings.

MinnMan...hope you’re healing quickly.

Last edited by diphthong; 11-10-20 at 10:03 PM.