View Single Post
Old 11-28-20, 07:11 PM
Charliekeet

Bikes: S-Works Stumpjumper HT Disc, Fuji Absolute, Kona Jake the Snake, '85 Cannondale SR900

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Liked 217 Times in 142 Posts
Originally Posted by Road Fan
I don't get statements like this. How much trouble can it be to put the saddle on the bike, adjust it's position, rub on a thin coating of Proofide (it's usually provided), and ride it for 6 mo before you should Proofide it again? Just don't let it get soaked. Do you want your bike's bearings to get wet and gritty? If not, then protect the whole bike from the rain.

{snip}
Listen, I hear ya, except that you’re making my point, cause it still sounds like a consideration I wouldn’t want, especially for a more expensive option.

Its not that I’m a cheapskate, not only into the latest, modern tech, not that I can’t acclimate to other styles or applications.

It’s like anything else- some components appeal to people, and others just don’t. What I hear when people talk about break-in, mileage, wax, oils, maintenance, tightening, rain/no water, etc etc is just a bunch of reasons to steer clear of these headaches & ride one of the many other excellent saddle types out there.