Old 12-24-20, 09:14 AM
Helderberg

Bikes: Had an old Columbia in the 80's, here a used Schwinn hybrid, now a Cannondale Quick 3 and a Topstone 105..

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Liked 306 Times in 139 Posts
I rode everywhere as a kid. It was an escape from my home life and my jet plane on the sidewalk. Got away from riding in high school, got a job, bought a car and commuted to collage. I was a "jock" in school, Football, indoor and outdoor track, threw the shot, but never fit in with the A-crowd. In collage I was up for the draft, did not want to be drafted as I had always wanted to join the Air Force. Joined the AF, served out my enlistment and came home to an ungrateful country in 1972. I started riding again as it helped with the crap in my head. Had to stop when I blew out a disk and lost the use of my left leg Had surgery and was told to never get back on a bike. When I retired in 2014 I decided I would try riding again and bought a used Schwinn MTB anchor but loved it. Got a hybrid, then a second better hybrid, then a gravel bike. Still ride to help with the stuff in my head, along with the help from the VA, it is a huge improvement in my internal life. Music for me was the Beach Boys, The very early Beatles, Ventures, Dave Clark 5, Stones, Doors. I still listen to most of these groups as I just don't get the new "music" but then again, I am old. Be safe all and ride on.
Frank.
Likes For Helderberg: